I had the honor of planning Maricar & Lucas’ wedding and I can’t believe it has been two years since they got married at the beautiful Winery SF in Treasure Island, CA.
It was a simple, yet sophisticated and classic, type of wedding. With white orchids and succulents as part of their design and decor. One of my favorite details, was Maricar’s wedding dress – it was elegant and delicate in it’s own way – just like the Bride was 🙂
Maricar & Lucas are one of the sweetest couples I know and their wedding party had an awesome energy – one of the best I’ve ever seen! Watch their highlight video to see what I mean!!!
Happy watching and as always, thanks for your support! ❤
As a wedding planner/coordinator/consultant and also a former Bride, I highly recommend hiring a videographer and at the least, including a highlight video of your wedding day in your package. There are tons of options, like Same-Day-Edit (SDE), which is a video that is shown on the same day of your wedding. Every videographer/editor is different, but for the most part, SDE will capture the morning of until about the first dance during the reception. You will also have a video to share right after your wedding day, since full highlight videos can take a few months (sometimes almost a year) to be completed. I think SDE is a good ending to every Newlywed’s “best day ever” so if you can make it work with budget, two words… “DO IT!!!”
I’m excited to be sharing this again and will share it here so I don’t ever lose the link! =P
I hope you enjoy watching our SDE and please stay tuned for our full wedding highlight video – COMING SOON!!!
Being an engaged gal can extremely be busy and overwhelming! But I promised some of you that I would share this journey, and I have looked forward to sharing my wedding planning journey with you. So no matter what the delay is or how extremely busy I get, I will get my wedding contents out to share! =) Quick side note… I’ve been planning weddings for several years now and as a Bride-to-be, I can truly empathize to every bride out there.
As a wedding planner, most people might think I’m already done with my wedding planning (Ha, I wish!), or I already have everything I need, but the most common assumption of all, is that I don’t need any help. Well… guess what??!! NONE OF THIS IS TRUE (at least, not in my case!) Yes, of course a wedding is one of the most important events in our lives, and we (brides) want our vision to be as perfect as possible, but what is also important and needed the most are feedback, advise, and major support and encouragement from those we care for and love. I know this not because I’m a wedding planner, I know this because I am a Bride-to-be =)
Now down to business… so he finally “put a ring on it”. Ahhh, so exciting!! Now comes another big question.. What’s next? Duh! Wedding planning. Most brides will dive right into it, which is awesome, but before you do, below are a few things I did after my own engagement, and also some of my favorite tips from other brides. Happy reading!
1. Embrace (my favorite word) your engagement! Soak it in, stare at your ring ;), practice saying “my fiancé” (it sure took me awhile haha), but seriously, enjoy the moment. The rumors are true, time will go by fast and once you start planning, there’s no stopping in between. But you only get to start once, and trust me, there is time to plan no matter how long or short your engagement is. I got engaged in September and didn’t start my planning until end of Dec/now (yes, 2-3 months after). Chris and I went to Cancun, treated it as our “engagement-moon”. It was a nice time spent with each other. We totally soaked in our “engagement glow” 🙂
2. Start reading… wedding magazines, that is! 😉 Look through the latest wedding magazines and browse through the newest trends. You’ll never know what fun and unique ideas you might stumble upon. I know I did, and it was so fun learning new ways to be creative! A few of my favorite wedding magazines are The Knot, Martha Stewart and Today’s Bride.
3. The big picture. The first step of accomplishing this is by jotting your ideas down and prioritizing. Oh and make sure to include your fiancé in this process. It’s his wedding, too! 😉
4. Surprise your guests! I’m sure you’ve been to several weddings, so what would be more fun than making yours stand out with unique and sensational style!?! Do it! There’s so much you can do. You just need to make time to think and plan for it.
5. Cliche, but stay organized and sane. As I said in the beginning, wedding planning can be SO exciting –but also exhausting. It’s really easy to get caught up in the small details and loose focus on the big picture. I highly suggest finding professional help or the right app for you to keep you in check and prepare for your big day, regardless where you are.
Please follow my “#Engage31” series as I’m planning to share and break down as much of the wedding planning process as I can, into an easier and less intimidating way to plan the BIG day! This is not just for the Brides-to-be, it’s for anyone who love weddings! But if you are a bride-to-be, or a bridesmaid, or someone just attending, then my hope is that you come across this series and learn a little bit more than what you already know about weddings and learn that wedding planning can be/and is truly a fun & exciting process! Yes, of course there’s a lot of work involved (not gonna lie ;P), which is more of a reason I am sharing my journey. I hope you find this helpful!
What’s then best wedding planning tip you’ve heard or received???
#Embrace31 is what I would have titled this post, but I am excited to share with everyone that my boyfriend, Chris (of almost 4 years), proposed to me the morning of my 31st birthday celebration. The whole day was filled with surprises after surprises, I was so overwhelmed with happiness by the end of the day 🙂 I’m so thrilled to finally plan my own wedding and share more wedding stuff with you here as I spearhead the process. Stay tuned!!!
I also do want to share with you what I did for my birthday!! I wanted to have something more than just an outdoor get-together in the winery and immediately, I was inspired by “rustic backyard picnic style” decor. I had a lot of fun putting together ideas and here’s a quick collage I made to share 🙂
What are your plans for your upcoming birthday party? Please share any theme ideas below.
What a blessed week! I set a new record for coordinating a wedding in FOUR days!!! 😉 Yes, of course it was tough and hard work. But what’s most important is that my friends were able to relax and enjoy the most special day of their lives with their family and loved ones! It is always a blessing to witness two people in-love, both with kind hearts, dedicate and commit themselves to one another. I know it’s not easy for many people to just hand over your wedding to someone else’s hands; and for that, I am blessed to have their trust…
Carisse and Chris are very simple and down-to-earth kind of people but blessed with awesome talents. Chris is a talented singer/artist with a great passion for his music and his group, Legaci (http://wearelegaci.com) and Carisse is a woman with many talents herself, creativity is definite one of them! Everyone should know, many of her wedding elements was DIY (check out her bouquet in the photos below!) and super cute! But what makes them a good fit for each other is their relationship and faith with God. I said it already but will say it again, “beautiful wedding; beautiful view; beautiful people” #abadboyandgirl
One of the best moments…. can you guess what it is??? 🙂
Bride being serenaded by her hubby, Chris, and the gang Legaci (http://wearelegaci.com)
Congratulations to the happy couple!